Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
GSCM intern (INL & RS&S)
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE provides services in aviation, capacity building and stabilization, critical infrastructure, expeditionary logistics, identity and information management solutions, integrated security solutions, test and training ranges and training solutions to support the complex missions of our customers around the world.
Today, approximately 15,000 members of PAE's global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in approximately 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. PAE's success is attributed to the quality of its work, integrity, and the ethical standards, which are core to its business operations.
Through the Global Supply Chain Management Internship Program, PAE will provide qualified undergraduate students the opportunity to gain experience within the US Government contracting industry, develop business acumen and problem-solving skills, and expand their professional network.
The GSCM Procurement Intern will perform various procurement duties under the supervision of a senior procurement person. The following list is representative of daily activities and general expectations for this role; however, additional related tasks may be assigned as appropriate:
* Learn and apply the basic principles of purchasing to include market research, requirements validation, solicitation, evaluation, contract award, and contract administration in a government contracting environment
* Learn and apply fundamental negotiation strategies
* Research commodity trends across various industries
* Perform vendor qualification activities
* Assist with measuring and reporting supplier performance
* Assist with contract file management and audit activities
* Complete one stretch assignment related to a critical PAE project or process as defined by the procurement supervisor
* Rising Junior or Senior in an accredited college or university majoring in Supply Chain Management or another related discipline
* Minimum GPA: 3.0
* Interest in Government Contracting industry
* Must be willing to learn new tools and technologies
* Self-starter, actively seeks out assignments
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
* Ability to live and work in the Washington D.C. metro area
* Must be legally eligible for employment in the Unites States
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.