Operating across sectors and with a high degree of independence our data scientists have helped improve performance for F1 racing teams, built solutions for reducing fraud in financial trading, and initiated changes in California traffic laws.
Internships give students an experience to learn from these mentors in machine learning to get hands-on training and guidance in a real world experience on meaningful projects. TIBCOs Data Science internship program seeks to combine advanced analytics and visualization skills to enable research, development and consumer-focused deliverables. These form the basis of high-impact assignments for the selected candidates.
These assignments will be formulated from the following focus areas:
- Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing (Python/R + Spotfire + TIBCO Data Science)
- Pursuing a BS or MS (preferred) in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or related analytical field of study with graduate classes in statistics, machine learning, AI or data mining.
- Self-motivated individual and pride yourself on being an excellent communicator
- Hands-on experience with data science projects from graduate level courses or research (preferred)
- Experience with and understanding of machine learning frameworks and libraries such as Scikit-learn, Scipy, Numpy, Tensorflow and Pytorch,
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in programming language such as Python (preferred) and R
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and Spotfire are a plus
- Open-source contributions are a plus
- Successful past internships at system software companies are a plus