SHIFT: Day Job
THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY FOR STUDENTS IN NORTH CAROLINA
_Your Talent. Our Vision._At Anthem, Inc.,its a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which were creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
THEQUALITY IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST INTERN provides support to the Quality Management Department and participates in teams working on projects related to monitoring health outcomes for health plan memberships. Daily activities include both independent analysis of data aggregated and displayed in simple tables/graphs, in addition to development of Power Point slides for discussion of information in interdepartmental workgroup settings. Other activities include preparation of information for submission to the North Carolina Department of Health Benefits to meet compliance with regularity reporting requirements.
_Primary responsibilities include supporting:_
General responsible are related to designing and/or implementing quality reports and analysis based on departmental procedures.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Examine and evaluate initiative/program outcome results to determine impact.
- Tracks, trends and reports audit results to management.
- Runs and monitors monthly reports from database to identify and/or correct any incorrect data.
- Identify, recommend, and implement standardized approaches to performing and scoring quality audits
_Functions OR examples of projects for this role:_
- Develop reporting formats from data extracts to monitor effectiveness of member outreach efforts
- Conduct an analysis of member gift card payouts linked to care gap closure to determine impact of program
- Pursuing a degree in Public Policy, Health Care Administration, Business, Health Policy or other related degrees
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week in a [hybrid] setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- MS PowerPoint and Excel skills
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, is ranked as one of the 2020 Worlds Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 Americas Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.